Global Mobility | Assignee Management | In House
For our clients Hinksford is one of the UK’s leading recruiters of Expatriate Tax Experts and Global Mobility Specialists. In keeping with the nature of this niche market, Hinksford sometimes recruits for jobs and positions which are not broadly advertised.
Below are some general pointers on the experience that our clients expect to see from an Global Mobility candidate. If you would like further details of current opportunities, please contact your specialist Hinksford consultant, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All contact is treated in the strictest confidence.
- Employee Tracking: Track and monitor company’s expatriate population, permanent intra-company transfers, short term assignees and relocating new hires
- Tax compliance: Ensure tax, social security and immigration compliance for all employees with international obligations. Liaise with home/host location tax and finance teams to ensure total employment tax compliance.
- Tax policy: Ensure consistency and fairness in the application of assignment policies. Manage and track exceptions to assignment policies. Work to minimize exceptions wherever possible or suggest suitable alternatives to line managers. Continuously review assignment policies to ensure effectiveness and appropriateness of the policy and service provided.
- Tax planning: Ensure and advise on most tax effective assignment packages. Complete and explain assignment costings to managers/HR teams (including tax equalization calculations).
- Administrative duties: Draft or review assignment letters and oversee status of case management. Ensure immigration requirements and appropriate documentation is completed. Assess and confirm entry clearance and eligibility to work.
- Payroll duties: Provide instruction to payroll to ensure all assignment compensation is accurate and correctly reported. Provide compensation details to tax advisors for the preparation of tax returns. Prepare benefits reporting for international employees (P11ds, PAYE Settlement Agreement).
- Financial Reporting: Collate, prepare and provide statements relating to all expatriate/assignee expenditure and costs. Track against budget, analyse anomalies and report to HR and Finance.
- Coordination: coordinate relocation/assignment assistance through a network of suppliers (tax advisors, immigration lawyers, serviced apartment providers , health/medical providers and relocation agents)
Hinksford is one of the UK’s few specialist expatriate tax recruiters with an international network of clients and candidates involved in expatriate tax, social security and global mobility. For more information on the latest expatriate tax jobs and partner opportunities, jobs please email us at email@example.com